Eligibility for ECMC Foundation grant funding is determined by the following criteria. For certain Request for Proposals, criteria are added for specific grant opportunities.
For program-related investments, visit the Education Innovation Ventures page to learn more about eligibility.
Who is eligible?
- Nonprofit organizations registered as a U.S. 501(c)(3) or a 509(a)(1), (2) or (3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Government entities
Who is ineligible?
- Organizations seeking funding to support endowment funds, political activities and lobbying, scholarship programs, capital campaigns or fundraising activities.
- Any entity or program outside the United States.
Grants Submission Process
Letters of Inquiry
ECMC Foundation accepts Letters of Inquiry (LOIs) on a rolling basis. All LOIs must be submitted through our online system.
LOIs must provide the following:
- An overview of your organization, its purpose, relevant history and data on effectiveness.
- A brief summary of the activities for which you are requesting support, including an outline of your objectives.
- The approximate start date and duration of the proposed activities.
- The total amount of funding needed, the amount requested from ECMC Foundation, and information about other sources of support, both assured and requested.
- Contact information and EIN for the organization.
LOIs that most closely reflect ECMC Foundation's program priorities will be invited to submit a full grant proposal. Proposals are accepted upon request only. A request for a proposal should not be interpreted as an indication of likely support.
Foundation staff may request additional information in writing from applicants and may request to meet with applicants, either virtually or in person.
The ECMC Foundation Board of Directors meets four times a year to consider grant proposals. Please be aware that the full grant proposal process—from first contact to board approval—can take several months. We ask grant candidates to be mindful of this and provide themselves with sufficient time.