What Lessons on Teamwork Can a Baseball Game Teach Us?
By Mai P. Tran, ECMC Foundation
ECMC Foundation Grabs Pointers on Team Work from Los Angeles Dodgers
As part of their summer social outing, in late June, the ECMC Foundation team headed over to the Los Angeles Dodger's stadium to root for their favorite team.
Dressed in fan gear, blue jerseys and baseball caps, they arrived eager to watch their team take on the 2016 World Series Champions, the Chicago Cubs. Despite the relentless heat of the Southern California sun that afternoon, the Foundation team stayed in high spirits through all 9 innings.
A few highlights of the game:
- Clayton Kershaw pitched in his second game back from the Disabled List.
- Kershaw led the way through five innings, when the score was 3-1, Dodgers.
- At the top of the 7th, the Cubs broke loose and scored seven runs.
- And despite vigorous cheering, the Dodgers broke our hearts, losing 11-5.
While the outcome wasn't what the Foundation team hoped for, they did grab a few pointers on team work:
- Work hard through the ups and downs (Dodgers never gave up).
- Celebrate all successes, big and small, along the way (Cheering happened for all good plays through the game).
- Always have fun, no matter what (Because when you love what you do, you're always having fun!).