The 2022 CTE Leadership Collaborative Convening was held in Nashville, Tennessee at the DoubleTree by Hilton Downtown Nashville from October 18–20, 2022. It was a momentous gathering for the growing network of the CTE Leadership Collaborative (LC), with nearly 150 people in attendance representing each of our six Fellowship programs.
The annual convening is a key piece of the CTE LC puzzle, creating space for conversations and connections that can inspire collaboration across the postsecondary CTE field.
Details about the event are linked below, followed by session resources.
Resources from 2022 CTE LC Convening sessions are outlined below.
- Essential Data Sources, Metrics and Frameworks for Responsive Postsecondary CTE Programs (Powerpoint; Guide)
- Facilitator: Erica Simon, Deputy Director, Strategy, Higher Education/Workforce, Communities Foundation of Texas
- Using Wage Outcomes to Define Postsecondary CTE High-Return Pathways (Credentials book information)
- Facilitator: Michelle Van Noy, Director & Associate Research Professor, Education and Employment Research Center, Rutgers School of Management and Labor Relations
- Nashville’s Approach to the New Skills Ecosystem (Powerpoint)
- Panel Facilitated by Nancy Eisenbrandt, Chief Workforce Development Officer and COO, Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Overcoming CTE Stigma to Generate Buy-In From Students, Administrators and other Decision-Makers (Powerpoint)
- Facilitator: Nzhinga Williams, Director of CTE at Central Piedmont Community College and Michael Connet, Associate Deputy Executive Director, ACTE
- Activating Postsecondary CTE to Meet Corporate Talent Demand (Powerpoint)
- Facilitator: Leah Palmer, Executive Director, Arizona Advanced Manufacturing Institute, Mesa Community College
- Keeping Up with Apprenticeships in 2022 (Powerpoint)
- Facilitator: Andrea Messing-Mathie, Director, Center for Apprenticeship & Work-Based Learning, Jobs for the Future
- Writing Opinion Pieces: Positioning Underrepresented Voices to Shape Conversations on Systems Change (Powerpoint)
- Facilitator: Jennifer Farmer, Author, Lecturer and Strategic Communications Advisor
- Developing Equity-Focused and Competitive Proposals that Advance Postsecondary CTE and Invest in Communities
- Facilitator: Nyema Mitchell, Director, Unit Strategy and Learning, Jobs for the Future
- Publishing and Effectively Disseminating Research
- Facilitator: Dr. Emily House, Executive Director, Tennessee Higher Education Commission
- Reframing toward Progress: Effective Communications with Institution Leaders
- Facilitator: Dr. Kevin Johnson, Senior Advisor, Advance CTE
- Effective Team Management that Advances Equity while Generating Results (Worksheet)
- Facilitator: Dr. Toya Barnes-Teamer, CEO, Teamer Strategy Group